1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC Metro Riders: Pants Pissers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Start reading unsuckdcmetro.blogspot.com and see if you change your mind. Also, taking 6+ months to repair elevators and escalators is not fine.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Never ridden the DC Metro. But when you gotta go, you gotta go.

3. Difference Maker

Difference Maker New Member

I chalk it up to the grass seeming to be greener on the other side of the septic tank.

I've heard and made more than a few complaints about Metro, but on the whole it is clean and efficient. Having ridden New York's subway around Labor Day last year, I've seen dingier public transit services.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

People will complain about what they know. Philadelphia's SEPTA, though, warrants those complaints. I'm familiar enough to judge four cities' train systems, including Metro, and the others blow SEPTA away.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Not that many people really use it, but LA's public transportation is the worst. Philly is next on the list of worst ones for the cities I've spent a good amount of time in.

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I've read the blog several times. It's pretty much what I had in mind when I said "entitled douchebags."

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you've ever been in DC traffic you soon realize its a region of BMW, Lexus and Range Rovers so it doesn't shock me that these snobs find Metro beneath them. I used the Red Line frequently to go into town from MontCo and never had much of an issue, other than Veterans Day when trains were running behind schedule. That said, I could see how self-centered slap in Bethesda would.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I don't find Metro beneath me. I just wish it were more reliable. I'd love to take it more often. There's a stop a few blocks from my house and it comes right into my office building. But I guess I'm an entitled douchebag, so what do I know? :)

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Frustrations with Metro become overblown when you rely on it and it isn't as reliable as you perceive it should be. There are real problems with the system, but they become magnified when that's your primary mode of transportation.

I'd still much rather take Metro if I have to go into D.C. than drive and park in the city. The fact that D.C. now officially has the worst traffic in the nation only underscores it.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Now?

That isn't new.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Try driving in Charlotte. One fender bender creates a 20-mile parking lot on I-85.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are you seriously comparing Charlotte traffic to the DC area?

Draft saved Draft deleted