1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC folks - travel advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, what if I needed the Creosote shuttle? Nah...you'd dump me in Anacostia.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, it is monumental and all

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Silver Prings last night. The rooms still have small tube TVs and didn't even carry MASN, Nick, or Disney Channel, which would have been nice for the kids to watch. Internet was too slow to stream online videos.

Should have picked a Days Inn.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Should have stayed at The Moddy Inn. I have two High Defs, high speed and the room comes with a dog. Our pool is the Potomac but what the hell?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I must have missed you at the parade today. Good trip, but I made the poor decision to take the family to the food court in the Ronald Reagan Building, as it was full of high school marching band members.

And I thought dealing with my hyper kids was rough.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Moddy Inn seems a whole lot less creepy than the Creosote Shuttle.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

One could take the Creosote Shuttle to the Moddy Inn.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you still need a beer, walk a few blocks down to the Quarry House. You've also got something called the Pirates Tavern down that way across the street, and when you leave you'll laugh your ass off. But you've got less than an hour to get there.

Draft saved Draft deleted