1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC/Balto Examiner Papers Scale Back Home Delivery

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flying Headbutt, May 8, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The freebie paper has been delivered to homes six-days a week since they started up. Now they're going to two-days a week home delivery, but will still be available in free newspaper boxes six-days per usual.

I don't think that sounds good.

Of course, the only time I hear about it is when people complain about how they stack up in their driveways and that they don't want it.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Mrs. Editude has experience with this delivery model, and the I-didn't-ask-for-this factor -- whether the content is worthwhile or not -- is huge.

3. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

We don't get the Examiner papers in our driveway. We get my paper's main competitor.

Pisses me off.

4. Monroe Stahr

Monroe Stahr Member

I love the business model of freebie papers like the Examiner. They drive by your house, dump a paper in your driveway and then count you as a reader whether or not you take the paper out of the wrapper. What does the D.C. Ex list its "circulation" as, 200,000-plus? How accurate do you suppose that figure really is?

Draft saved Draft deleted