1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dazed and Confused at 20

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

He said it on a balcony, I thought. During a conversation with Crowe. No threat to jump, just screaming it out to the air with a smile.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know that Plant is a complete dick about letting people use LZ music. He should have let Dazed and Confused use it, there's no question... But Jimmy Page is such a whore for money that I don't blame Plant for saying no every now and then. Since Rock N Roll is now in a car commercial, I'm guessing Plant has chilled out a bit, they offered crazy money or both...

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If I was independently wealthy, why would need to sell my music for advertising or other uses.
    I'd probably say no, too.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was why I ran to see Plant and Page when they toured together in 1995. I figured it would probably be the last chance I could see them.

They both seemed older than dirt then.

I saw Page with Coverdale and that was OK.

I saw Plant solo when I was in high school and he was awesome... He sang a couple Zeppelin songs, but they weren't the ones that people would have expected. IIRC, he sang Gallows Poll and Tangerine.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hate to be the buzzkill around here...but this movie "technically" isn't 20 years old yet.

It was released in late Sept. '93. So a little premature "nostalgia masturbation" is going on here.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

What is and What Should Never Be was in Silver Linings Playbook.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had a fake in the mid-'90s. It wasn't me. It was some other guy. My friend worked at the license bureau and would make double copies of guys he thought looked like his friends.

We would drive to liquor stores in a black neighborhood because we thought they'd be less likely to distinguish between us and the guys on our fakes.

Worked every time.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

you are such a racist.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Plant's post-Led Z stuff has been much better than Page's.
    With a few exceptions, I haven't cared much for Page's post-Led Z material.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The hell you say!

[​IMG]

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Dazed and Freaks and Geeks work because their characters are honest. They just feel real, so even if you didn't go to high school in 1976 or 1980 or whatever, you just get good stories, well-told, with people who seem to react like people, not movie characters, and the humor comes from the situation, and the personal recognition (and pain you feel) from it, not from some joke about sticking your dick in a pie. Not that dick-in-a-pie jokes don't have their place, but I would expect people will keep watching Dazed and Freaks and Geeks long after they've forgotten about American Pie.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The thing to remember about Page is the sheer volume of session work he did leading up his band career.

He plays the guitar. That's what he does.

Plant walked away and Page lost that outlet. He filled it with some some incredibly crappy work, but he was playing.

He wants to play.

Mizzou, respectfully disagree on the desire for money issue. We've been down that road before and I've said my piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted