1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daytime Friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Feb 26, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I like working afternoons/nights. Time to bank, shop, do things around town. Sleep in if I want.

I have lunch with the better half once a week. Of course I have my two days off, too.

It just sucks telling friends "no" to a lot of weekend things But then I realize how much money I/we are saving 'cause I'm not out partying, boozing, etc. on the weekends.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Rosie Palmer doesn't have to be your friend. She's attached to you no matter if she likes you or hates your guts. She's screwed!

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I don't want to sound like a pathetic whiner.

But I have two kids, 3 and 1. So I pretty much stay home during the day until my wife gets home at about 4 p.m. We go on little trips to the park and so forth, but that's about it. With the cold weather that we had, I didn't leave the house other than to cover something for about two weeks. The only adults I saw were my wife and the people at the game.

I'm just thinking that it might be nice to have some contact with other adults that doesn't involve me asking about the team's defense.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

It's weird, everywhere I've lived, I've always hung out with guys from the other media outlets, be it radio, TV or even the competition.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well you could think about getting together with some other parents during the day for play dates for the kids. The temptation for some hot MILF action might be too much to bear though, but if you could manage it, even a very small-town has stay-at-home moms, you could meet them through a community center or church. Their husbands might even be cool with you hanging with their wives, since you'd be the super-cool sportswriter dude for the paper. You might even become friends with the husbands.
    Next time you're covering a game, if one of the coaches is about your age, ask if he/she's got kids and if they say yes, ask where they take them during the day since you're looking for a place to take yours.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good idea. I need to get me some kids so I can hangout with MILF's whose husbands are OK with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted