1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Wells once again has no clue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for this magnificent son of a bitch, I would have never seen a perfect game in person.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think his back hurts again. My favorite David Wells moment is him ripping Frank Thomas for not playing through what turned out to be a torn tricep, and then missing the vast majority of the season himself.

3. OK.
    And that proves what, exactly?

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Just another example of him spouting off when he had no idea what he was talking about.

5. Actually, I was aiming that post at Boom, and am full of Fail.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Boom posted on this thread?

???

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

My favourite was Cito Gaston taking him out of a game and threatening to pinch his fat head off at the same time. I can't find a picture of it, but the "oh shit" look of utter fear on Wells' face was just priceless.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If anyone has the right to criticize Joe for this book it's Boomer. Joe crucified Wells when he came out with his book.

Say what you want but Boomer was a big game pitcher that will end up with better overall numbers that the great Curt Schilling.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Shoot, ya seen one perfect game, ya seen 'em all.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wells had his moments, but he's just another noveau-riche jock with an absurdly-inflated sense of self and no sense of proper public decorum whatsoever.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Because so many of them have massive egos and think the world breathlessly awaits their opinions.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Kinda makes me wonder which book by an athlete I would actually want to read. I'd definitely prefer, say, the Doug Glanville style of book than Wells.

Draft saved Draft deleted