1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Wells once again has no clue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 30, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wells says Torre is a punk for spilling the secrets of the clubhouse.

"What we do as athletes, that's our problem, our business, and a lot of guys have come out and destroyed that," Wells said. "That's why they don't have any friends. You just don't do that, and that's what Joe did. When you break the code, you're a punk."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/01/29/torre.book.wells.ap/index.html

O RLY?

[​IMG]

Wells, of course, squawked so much in that book the Yankees nearly suspended him. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0DE2D91F3CF930A35750C0A9659C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

Fucking jackass. Doesn't he have some fourth-rate rock stars he can follow around the country instead of spewing his usual idiocy on the radio?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Well, he was never known for having a brain.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I didn't know Wells liked Night Ranger. (ducking ...)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's what happens when you watch Heathers

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I heard Torre also considered the wife-beater shirt and chopper for his cover.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ha! I ws going to make a crack similiar to that but I decided to let you do it you stupid no good jackass Bubbler! :D

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The White Sox are still waiting for their no-performance refund from that waste of oxygen.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, and in this battle, I'll take Torre over Wells every time, but Torre is being equally inconsistent.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A public figure talking out of both sides of his ass? Shock!

Reminds of an interview with Martina Navratilova, where she complained righteously about the plight of blacks in the US. She lived in Vail, where you had to get on a plane in order to see a black person.

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Read John Harper's column in the NY Daily News today to find out why Wells' reaction to the book proves Torre correct. Wells is an idiot. While Torre may have been wise to leave this alone, I'll still trust his credibility over Wells' any time.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

With few exceptions, I really don't understand why anyone making significantly more than minimum salary feels the need to write a book.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You can never be too thin, or too rich.

Draft saved Draft deleted