1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Vitter -- Sex Machine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, and if she announced she were running against, oh I don't know, Trent Lott, you'd have posted a thread, celebrated it and you and Zeke would have been stroking each other off to compliment each other about all the witty one-liners you'd have written to rip Lott.

I mean, you have chronicled and celebrated just about everything else this woman did or said when the object of her ire was George Bush, why did you conveinently miss this one?

Oh that's right, because you are a hypocrite and a ridiculous donkey homer.

Tool.

2. It's a terrible sight when illiterates try to read minds.

3. zagoshe

Not nearly as terrible a sight as pollitically correct pinheads who really believe they can read minds.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I would guess that there might be a lot of people who see the thread title who have no idea who David Vitter is, thus don't know he's a senator. And we don't know that he's a sex machine. In fact, he may have trouble in the bedroom for all we know.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I may never recover from zagoshe's use of the word "conveinent". Not because it is misspelled, but because it strikes me as a profoundly awesome Freudian slip.
    and it makes me miss bobblehead

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

sigh....Vitter has a ways to go to catch up to the Kennedy brothers, Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, etc. Of course, it doesn't count if you don't have to pay for it.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Or if you don't pretend to be holier than though.

8. zagoshe

Damn Hondo, didn't you know -- All of the sexual missteps and allegations about Kennedy and Clinton humping more women than Johnny Holmes in his prime were a part of the Vast Right Wing conspiracy. Those things never, ever happened.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Kennedy and Clinton never ran for office with a central theme of "Vote for me because I stand for family values, not like this heathen who isn't as righteous as me." You might perceive a double-standard from the left wing, but when these conservatives run on their holier-than-thou, family-values nonsense, they're begging to be judged a little more harshly than those whose candidacies are centered on something at least slightly more substantial.

Hypocrisy is always going to take the harder hits.

10. zagoshe

Oh that's right because Hillary and Bill didn't go on national television in 1992 when all of these allegations began to bubble up with this whole "Ah shucks, we're a strong family with a great marriage and my husband has never strayed so stop lying" act.

They might not have used the terms family values, but they were certainly trying to sell that image.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Logic never fails to elude you. You have just equated being married with campaigning on "family values".

If you truly do not understand the distinction, consider stabbing yourself repeatedly in the rectum with the nearest sharp object.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Truth be told, I hadn't heard of Vitter until all this broke.
    First Southern Republicans elected since Reconstruction have a bad track record.
    Tim Hutchinson, the Senator from Arkansas and a leader in the charge against Clinton, admitted to an affair with a staffer that happened during the Clinton impeachment. Lost his seat, divorced his wife, and then married the staffer.
    Now Vitter and I know more are out there.

And some conservatives are like Pavlov's dogs. They hear something that happened to a Republican and the first thing out of their mouths is, "Clinton."
    Somehow thinking that two wrongs does indeed make a right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.