1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Teel will be inducted into the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lynn Burke, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Lynn Burke

Lynn Burke Member

Stepping out from behind my usual name here ...

David Teel, my colleague and long-time columnist at the Daily Press in Newport News, Va., was named today as part of the Class of 2014 for the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame.

He is the 22nd media member to be honored over the years and the fourth from our paper.

Link to our story: http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-nws-teel-hall-of-fame-0117-20140116,0,3464088.story

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Applauding loudly from here.

3. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Met David and some of his colleagues when I interviewed there a few years back. Terrific columnist. Great guy. Everyone there made me feel welcome.

4. JordanA

JordanA Member

I got in touch with David a couple years back when I was still in college on the advice of an instructor who was a friend of his. I contacted him out of the blue and asked him to look over a couple of my clips, and, with no prior contact, he took the time to read them and give me some feedback. I've never forgotten that. Class A individual.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

A great guy. A great journalist. Congratulations David.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

David Teel is one of the gifts this profession still has to offer. I count my times talking with him in the RIR media center as great memories.

Congratulations to a fantastic man who deserves this greatly.

7. Sammi

Sammi Member

Let me echo everything those above have said. Talented writer, great ideas, great guy. Nice to see excellence recognized by the Commonwealth.

8. inkstainedwretch2

inkstainedwretch2 New Member

9. Worked with this guy and loved every minute of it. He helped me to improve my game significantly, and was totally gracious with his time in doing so. Great writer and reporter, and even greater person. But I could say that about pretty everybody at that shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted