1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Stern makes people like Jim Rome

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't think the NBA lottery is rigged.

But I also don't think it takes that many people to rig it if it was.

2. Ernst & Young audits the proceedings and the ping-pong balls are drawn in the presence of media members as well as representatives of each of the lottery teams. I guess they're all either in on the scam or Stern is hoodwinking the lot of 'em year after year.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Listened to it. Supreme overreaction by Stern, but I am inclined to believe he was having a bad day.

You can't take a question like that seriously. Bet Rome thought Stern would give him a good-natured rip. When you come across like that, people start saying, "Methinks thou doth protest too much.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A clown show that was only missing the Volkswagen.

Funny how there's only conspiracy talk with the NBA -- and it's been around for more than 25 years. Not saying it's all true, but there's lots of bad stuff and evidence that has mounted over the decades.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Everyone always cites the accounting firm as some kind of authority beyond reproach. Yeah, well, Arthur Andersen -- same field as Ernst & Young -- helped Enron fake a multibillion-dollar, multinational company.

Patrick Hruby's story talked about how easily sleight of hand can fool people too.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference finals was rigged.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ewing to the Knicks was so bald, it will beg the question for your lifetime, and mine.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Really? What happened? I haven't heard.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The funniest part was at the end when Stern said he was going to hang up and call Stephen A. Smith.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Love how radio hosts address Stern as "Commissioner," as if he's a minor diety. And, I guess if you're the CEO of a league where the inmates run the asylum and only the last two minutes of a game matter, then you're going to have a seriously short fuse for idiotic questions.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Stephen, do you still scream at your wife?"

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am not accusing Mr. Stern of rigging the NBA draft lottery. If he says it's not rigged, I guess I believe him.

I just wonder why he doesn't show the long-form paperwork to the public.

Draft saved Draft deleted