1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Sims is carrying us to Week 9 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith are the reason for that. Boom.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Arizona will hit at least two passes of 40 or more yards against the Cowboys.

Book it.

Unless one of those plays begins at the Dallas 39-yard line.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's not just the personnel.
    The thoughtlessness that went into hiring coordinators.
    Not many people would hire Brian Schottenheimer and Mornhinweg successively and not be fired for it when it expectedly went sideways.
    I can't believe Schottenheimer is still even coaching in the NFL.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

C'mon Fart. You know legacies have tenure.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes, but Big Bri was more of a joke than most in the lucky sperm club.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

People said the same thing about Kurt for years. People used to joke that there must be a lot of coaches around the league who owed Marty favors. :D

Mornhinweg is pretty highly regarded around the league, or at least he was up until pretty recently.

7. Ok... maybe.

I think he sucks as a head coach. Not as bad as Buddy, but I don't think he's head coach material.
    That said, I think a week after he's canned by the Jets, he lands another HC job if he wants it.
    I think he'll be another Norv Turner type.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

What's the maximum number of wins that could be coaxed out of that team? Seven? Rex Ryan isn't blameless but I don't think this is a Mike Singletary situation in which a new HC can make the same roster a playoff team overnight.

9. I could see the Raiders and Dallas going after him. How about the Niners if Harbough leaves?
    What's a good fit? A team with an already good defense, or a team with a decent offense in need of a better defense? (and prolly in search of a head coach)
    A team with a good defense: The Dolphins, Bills, Bears
    A decent offense in need of a better defense: Dallas (I know thew defense is good now, but), San Diego, Washington?

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Denver is in New England for fourth time in last five meetings. NFL scheduling does a few things this year the AFC East (Patriots) plays all four AFC West teams. Since the 2002 division realignment the in conference rotation is every three years and home field is supposed to rotate. So looking at pfref.com in 2011 Pats played in Denver, in 2008 it was at New England, 2005 at Denver and 2002 at New England. So this is New England's year in the rotation.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Niners at least had a good GM when Singletary was coach. There isn't a coach in the league who could win with the players Ryan has and I'd be really curious what moves over the last few years were done without letting the HC have any imput.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ryan also hired that idiot Tony Sparano as off coordinator. After the job that Mornhinweg
    did at Detroit as HC I'm not sure how he would be highly regarded. One of most famous mishaps from his time with The Lions was opting to go on defense first in an overtime. This was before the rule changed that gives both teams a possession. And yes they lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted