1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Sims is carrying us to Week 9 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 28, 2014.

1. How about the NBC Sports Intro to the 1978 Oakland Raiders vs. Seattle Seahawks game at the Kingdome.
    Charlie Jones and Len Dawson on the mic.

The Raiders and Seahawks renew their rivalry this week in a game that prolly don't matter.

[​IMG]

Elsewhere ...
    Cardinals-Cowboys ought to be a good game and the highlight of the 1 p.m. matchups.
    The afternoon slate is the renewal of the Brady-Manning Bros battle. It's like Jos. A. Banks vs. Abercrombie & Fitch.
    And of course the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry of the NFL is renewed Sunday when the Steelers host the Ravens.
    Pretty nice bookends as well. Thursday night has Saints-Panthers, and Monday caps the week with Colts-Giants. I want to see Andrew Luck make an Eli Manning face.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If the Saints win at Carolina on Thursday, they probably win the NFC South at 8-8.

That said, the Saints won't win at Carolina on Thursday.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Saw the Jets remaining schedule yesterday, and it's entirely possible they don't win another game this season.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Why can't New Orleans win on the road?
    At some point it becomes about excuses.
    Talent is talent, and it should be portable.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The Jets will win enough the rest of the way so that they'll miss on the future franchise QB in next year's draft (if there is one).

Arizona-Dallas should be a good game. I think Dallas can lose and still make the playoffs, but last night's loss could wind up being a costly one, even though they're still tied for first.

It's amazing how the Patriots-Broncos games always seem to be in New England.

6. RecoveringJournalist

Some of those places are so loud that it gives the home team such an advantage that it almost seems like they're a completely different team on the road.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Saints are most likely pulling some Belichick-style cheating at home that they aren't wired for on the road.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone who watched the John Idzik presser yesterday would clearly see that
    he is the problem and not cut out to be an NFL GM.

9. RecoveringJournalist

They have lost three games by less than a field goal, but it is pretty amazing when they lose to Atlanta and Cleveland on the road and then crush the Packers at home.

Some of that is just the NFL, where the Patriots can look like shit and get crushed by KC and then look like world beaters ever since, but when you're 3-0 at home and 0-4 on the road, it's hard to say it's a coincidence.

10. RecoveringJournalist

I completely agree. I think it will be interesting when Ryan gets fired at the end of this season and goes on to have success somewhere else and Idzik will hire his replacement and the Jets will stay the Jets.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

First Tannebaum and now Idzik. Neither cut out to be a GM. I would like to see what Ryan could do with a good GM around.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Rex is a clod, but he has been furnished with very little talent there over the past three years. He did not build these rosters.

Draft saved Draft deleted