1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Shuster suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Yeah, slap, and when Coulter called Edwards a "faggot," she was really saying he was a bundle of kindling.

And this is how David Shuster happens.
    Because of this, right here.
    Nothing the Clintons do is ever sincere enough for the brave manly men who know better.
    "There is no line." Says it all.
    Good, that means 'yab can one day drop the n-bomb he's so dying to drop on the Obama campaign, live, on NBC.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Be a man, type the word nigger. For god sakes it's just a word and to let someone else define you is sad. But that's besides the point.
    What Shuster said is metaphorically correct, the Clintons do, in effect, push their daughter on strangers for purposes of illiciting a response from them. This spoiled child, who has no discernible opinion on any subject, is used as a prop to feed Hillary's ego and ambition. She's using another person for her own gain, she's pimping her daughter.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Before this thread gets locked....

Does anyone consider the possibility that Chelsea, who is almost 30 now, is campaigning for her mom of her own volition?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No one's heard her speak, isn't that the point? She's says vote for my Mommy like some Stepford Democrat. She's refused to comment on issues and Billary's campaigns have chastised anyone who asks for her opinion, yet they drag her out as if her existence proves their humanity.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course it has.
    On the other hand, how is she going to tell her mother, "no."

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

... but not one who has every right to play the "If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have what you have today" card

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here's the thing. Shuster is ostensibly a "journalist." And/or an "analyst." This turn of phrase was way out of bounds on either side of the aisle in either of those roles.

(If, however, 'yab as a political operative is malign enough to use the same phrase in his next anthrax letter, that's his right. And he will enjoy or suffer whatever consequences come his way for that opinion and that language.)

But as a "journalist?" No.

You don't get say to every fucking thing that skitters across your brainpan without rebuke.

8. I think the Giuliani spalpeens would agree.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

A few things:

Awhile back, my mom ran for judge. My parents asked me to help. I campaigned my ass off for her... first and foremost because she was the best candidate for the job!

Does that make me a whore?

Because 'pimp' implies 'whore.' Pimps aren't in charge of the girls next door. Pimps don't take a cut from the League of Young Women Lawyers.

-------------

A couple of days before this incident, I saw Shuster interviewing a Huckabee campaign official. It was the suckingest-off interview I've seen on a legit news channel (and that includes FOX, btw) in years. The "interview" consisted of the two of them praising each others' work. I had no idea. Shuster always struck me as a regular, workhorse journo-type with no particular allegiances.

David, can ya go ahead and just go to FOX and get it over with?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Actually, Luggie, Shuster started there.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Perfect.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't wait for ol' Bill's next carefully-calculated, casually-delivered public Jesse Jackson-calibre distortion/slander.

Agree Shuster was out of line in his selection of words, but HRC still loves to point fingers, when it suits her -- and hide behind Bill, when it's strategically prudent.

And more and more folks are figuring that out.

Draft saved Draft deleted