1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Shuster suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She's being enlisted by her parents. Pimped out is fine in reference to an adult.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Pimping out is a non-graphic general comment which effectively conveys a fat cat having an underling do a dirty deed.

Give me a fucking break.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Matthews should be suspended for two months... in a room with Limbaugh.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Just hearing her say that... mmm. Sproutin' a little.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Without regard to the underpinnings of Shuster's remark, why was Olbermann apologizing for it on his show?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I cannot figure out if Matthews is fur her or again' her.

More times than not I sense if Hill had a dingus, ol' Spitball would be trying to inflate the Goodyear blimp.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I guarantee you if you had a daughter and someone said she was being "pimped out" you would not think it's a "general comment." It's wrong. Shuster is a highly paid journalist. He should be able to make his point without resorting to phrases like that.

8. Simon_Cowbell

I agree.

"The act or an instance of offering or devoting one's talent to an unworthy use."

9. Not from MSNBC, they didn't.
    And not as crudely and stupidly as was done here.
    Jesus Christ, this isn't a talk-show. There's no defense for Shuster. None.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thanks, there Captin Obvious...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fuck that with a hot curling iron. Billary has been pimping their daughter for 20 years. Portraying themselves as remarkable parents and their precious little child as out of bounds. Well she's grown up and a very rich and successful money changer, a child of wealth and privilege who is dragged out by the campaign to bolster Hillary's credentials as a mother.

It's not close to over the line. There is no line and NBC should be ashamed for cowering in the corner, afraid to upset the delicate lady Senator from New York/Washington/Arkansas/Illinois.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got to agree with Simon on this one.
    If it was Bill running and "pimping out Chelsea" was used, it might be one thing. Because it's Hillary, it softens the meaning.
    What if it was said by Mo Dowd instead of David Shuster? Does that change the perception?

Draft saved Draft deleted