1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Shuster suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I dunno about the comment, but I find it interesting that David Shuster gets suspended, whereas that fuckstick Chris Matthews says all sorts of horrible things about Hillary Clinton on a regular basis and still stays on the air. Course, he routinely trashes a powerful woman while maintaining a big-boy crush on Bush, Romney and Fred Thompson -- something a shrink could have a field day with.

2. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

You forgot the blue font. Hell, Matthews might be next to succeed Dean as the head of the DNC.

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Blue font, my ass. Chris Matthews is a creepy fucker with daddy issues who has problems with women. He's also destroying political discourse in this country. He's up there with Joe Lieberman and Tom Cruise in the trinity of guys I would most like to beat the ever living shit out of....

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Agree completely

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Done by proxy:

I have no real problem with suspending the guy -- I get what he was trying to say but the word choice is entirely out of bounds.

But I don't believe they do it if they don't have a debate scheduled.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

MSNBC really needs to clean up its act. As all cable news nets do. But Chelsea is not 13 anymore and she is campaigning for her mom. It's her choice. I think Shuster's analysis was wrong (not the first time) and lacking in professionalism (again, not the first time), but worse things have been said on MSNBC without suspensions. Another case of NBC covering its ass. THis is NBC 2.0.
    The Clintons can't have it both ways, protecting their daughter from the press while using her in the campaign and then acting shocked if anyone says anything demeaning about their adult daughter.
    Romney's kids caught flak for not fighting in the Iraq War
    Cheney's daughter caught flak for being gay and being Republican
    Bush's kids caught flak for getting their drink on

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And Billary's kid is catching flak for helping moms try to get elected? How dare she!

The comment was stupid, pointless and demeaning.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Two things can be true at the same time.

Shuster's comment was odd, insulting and worthy of reprimand.

HRC's campaign, like Bill's before it, isn't happy unless it can be playing victim in some way. Someone's always out to get them. And of course, some folks are. But that doesn't make me any less tired of it -- even when they have a legit gripe.

Both of these things are true, IMHO.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear Katie Couric say Mike Huckabee is trying to "suck off" conservative voters?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That may be a good strategy for attracting the closet conservatives.

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I love this world some of y'all live in where all sorts of ridiculous things COULD HAVE BEEN DONE or said to someone on the right, and nothing would have happened, blah, blah, blah.
    Bullshit.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Somewhere, Willard Romney weeps gently into a silk handkerchief and thinks, "Hell, I'd have done that if they'd have just asked!"

Draft saved Draft deleted