1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Letterman's final shows...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, May 13, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks, ex!

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I could see at the very end, Dave wraps up his farewell statement, we go to commercial break, we come back to the front lobby of the Sullivan Theater at ground level. Dave walks out of the elevator, through the lobby, out the door, and hops into the passenger seat of a fully tricked-up classic roadster -- chauffeured by Jay Leno.

And they roll off into the New York night.

[​IMG]

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The producer has been so adamant that Leno is not appearing that I'm beginning to think it's probably not going to happen.

I'd expect to see Regis Philbin. I would not be surprised if other late night hosts made appearances (Kimmel, Stewart, Colbert) Fallon has a show tonight, but he films in NYC doesn't he? That seems possible too... People forget it was Fallon guest hosting for Letterman that led to NBC signing him to that holding deal to replace Conan at 1230. Bruce Willis is another one.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

That would be awesome. I read in a blog that they said they should show Letterman walking into a bar after the final show is done and have Leno shove him a drink. That would have been funny too...

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Doesn't he tape 3 shows Wednesdays for the rest of the week?

There is no way he is keeping his Thursday, Friday shows secret if they were taped on Wednesday.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

Regis made a cameo last night.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

Crap like that article is why I hate newspaper columnist some days because I swear this is nothing more than a troll job an he knew writing it on a day when everyone is doing a goodbye piece allows him to stick out. Is George Carlin a "loser" because he didn't make as much in comedy as Seinfeld? Is Henry Ford a loser because he created only the second-biggest automaker in the U.S. Ooh! Are the Rolling Stones losers because they are second-most popular band out of England behind The Beatles? This guy is an ass clown. Jay was the class president and Dave was band geek voted the class clown. He was never gonna' be mainstream.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Taking five weeks off after multiple bypass surgery is a knock on someone?
    That's a rough criticism.

When I was 16 I used to call out high from the ice cream parlor.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

For years he has taped his Friday shows early. For a while, he doubled up on Monday but the Friday shows were lame because they couldn't be topical and viewers knew it. So he had been taping Friday shows on Thursday. That explains why Clooney showed up in Friday's show.

Draft saved Draft deleted