1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Gregory vs. Glenn Greenwald

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Jun 23, 2013.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable, and David Gregory should be ashamed of himself for making the accusation.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/greenwald-tears-into-david-gregory-with-newsmen-like-you-who-needs-government-to-criminalize-reporting/

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Aided and abetted him ... "

Whose W.H. dick is Gregory sucking to ask that kind of cocksucker question?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Greenwald had a great comeback to Gregory:

“I think it’s pretty extraordinary that anybody who would call themselves a journalist would publicly muse about whether or not other journalists should be charged with felonies,” Greenwald said. “The assumptions in your question, David, is completely without evidence, the idea I’ve aided and abetted him in any way. The scandal that arose in Washington before our stories began was about the fact that the Obama administration is trying to criminalize investigative journalism by going through the e-mails and records of AP reporters, accusing a Fox News journalist of the theory you just embraced, being co-conspirator in felonies for working with sources.”

4. Songbird

He waited till the last question to try to zing Greenwald on the way out but it backfired badly.

Excellent response.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really exposed NBC and Gregory.

I don't recall the same tone in 2005 when The Times and James Riser wrote about Bush doemstic wiretaps.

6. Songbird

Good up-to-the-minute blog on Snowden's comings and goings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2013/jun/23/edward-snowden-leaves-hong-kong-moscow-live

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Greenwald's answer is going to leave a mark.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I have mixed feelings about the whole Snowden thing, but freedom of speech and, particularly, freedom of the press will be short-lived in the United States.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This is starting to remind me of Hyman Roth trying to find a country that would take him in.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Odd, isn't it? Wonder what's changed?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stunned that Gregory doesn't suffer from e-coli considering his head is so far up his own ass. He's the worst of the "Washington establishment." Just a total jackass. And I'm sure all he was trying to do was give Greenwald a chance to explain why he's not a criminal the way some have tried to suggest, but the way he asked the question was awful and he deserved the answer he got. What a jackass.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Speaking of heads being up asses, that applies to anyone who believes Gregory has any interest in carrying water for the White House. He's a Beltway and ratings whore; that's as far as it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted