1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Gregory Next to Go at NBC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 2, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He guy is right, but I don't remember him fighting to change this when he was in a position to do something about it:

David Gregory, the ousted moderator of NBC's "Meet The Press," thinks Washington's political media are too lazy to go against the "narrative."

Moderating a panel at the No Labels's National Strategic Agenda meeting on Wednesday, Gregory said journalists often fail to report on anything that fights the set narrative in Washington media.

n Washington political journalism the narrative gets set, and it gets set early and built on. And things that fight the narrative get harder to report out, I think, often because of laziness in media,” Gregory said. “I think that the media…has gotten very attached to the idea that Washington is so dysfunctional and that the country is so frustrated with it. There is a self-fulfilling part of that.”

“I think sometimes it’s an oversimplication to talk about the speed of the news cycle," Gregory said. "That’s a part of the problem, but what it is is the attachment to narrative."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/09/david-gregory-hits-media-laziness-195662.html?hp=l2

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As we've just learned in the sports world the general public decided to go against
    the NFL narrative as told by "NFL Insiders". The NFL was forced to bow to the court of public opinion.

It's time for the court of public opinion to turn it's sights on Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted