1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Gregory Next to Go at NBC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 2, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You really hate women don't you?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Sunday morning interview shows, all of them, are a relic of the 1950s designed to cope with the horrible journalistic fact nothing much happens on Sundays in this country (one of its major blessings for other folks). Due to the fecklessness of hosts and panelists, they no longer create anything resembling news. The first network to drop its Washington show and provide either actual news or entertainment instead will reap a ratings bonanza. Have a host who's not a Beltway journalist, move a show to New York and interview people of actual interest.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The best show on Sunday Mornings is "This Sunday Morning" . Always has been.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting story in today's NYT on how White House sought to shape Susan Rice's
    appearance on the Sunday talk shows.

"WASHINGTON — A newly released email shows that White House officials sought to shape the way Susan E. Rice, then the ambassador to the United Nations, discussed the Middle East chaos that was the context for the attack on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012.

The email from Mr. Rhodes includes goals for Ms. Rice’s appearances on the shows and advice on how to discuss the subject of the protests that were raging in Libya and at other American diplomatic posts in the Middle East.

Among the goals that Mr. Rhodes identified: “To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy.” In a section called “Top-lines,” Mr. Rhodes added: “Since we began to see protests in response to this Internet video, the president has directed the Administration to take a number of steps. His top priority has been the safety and security of all Americans serving abroad.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/world/email-suggests-white-house-strategy-on-benghazi.html

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ben Gazzara should have been nominated for an Oscar in Roadhouse.

6. YankeeFan

More rumblings that he may be on his way out:

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Every time Yankee Fan screws up, like with roll or role, he needs to post another picture of his girlfriend.

edit - I didn't realize that YF's screw up on the first page was from 2 years ago.

8. YankeeFan

I've been working on it.

And, my wife will be pissed if I post a picture of my girlfriend.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll refer to what I posted two years ago.

Chuck Todd is the obvious heir apparent. If NBC goes with Joe and Mika instead, the show will be dead in less than a year. Grandpa doesn't want fluff on Sunday morning.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll settle for either.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It MUST be Todd if he wants it, and I assume he would. As bought-and-paid-for by the Kochs as Redneck Joe is, that'd be an epic travesty.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The answer to the thread title is "Yes." Chuck Todd gets the nodd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/business/media/nbc-chooses-chuck-todd-to-replace-david-gregory-on-meet-the-press.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes

Draft saved Draft deleted