1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Gregory Next to Go at NBC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

David Gregory could be the next anchor to be fired from NBC as the network tries to stop its ratings slide.

The ‘Meet the Press’ host could be following Today’s Ann Curry out of the door after his show fell behind its Sunday morning rival ‘Face the Nation’.

According to the Daily Caller, insiders are appalled that he has squandered the ratings lead built up by his predecessor Tim Russert during his 16 years in the post

The only reason Gregory is still in the job is that executives ‘don’t have an obvious replacement’, although ABC’s Jake Tapper is supposedly being considered.

Gregory’s failure is in stark contrast to Russert who was getting 4.13 million viewers - 1.5 million more than Face the Nation - until he died in 2008 of a heart attack at the age of 58.

He was also attracting exactly the kind of people the network wanted

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167724/Is-David-Gregory-NBC-face-fired-Ann-Currys-unceremonious-dismissal.html#ixzz1zW8HL8r5

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chuck Todd would be good in that roll role.

He has enough on camera experience now.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Todd would be OK, YF, but you know TV executive panic. It rarely leads to the correct decision.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: Then again, anyone is going to be an improvement on Gregory. He's awful. So shallow the soles of your shoes don't get wet.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Role tide

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Jake Tapper is ABC now right? I agree Chuck Todd would be a good move for NBC.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Gregory is awful. If they give it to Todd I hope they keep him on MSNBC regularly as well. I'd hate to see him waste away at a 1 a week gig.

8. YankeeFan

Can I use the word "Fuck" now?

I actually looked at it, and said "roll" or "role".

Fuck.

Look, I'm not educated, OK.

Plus, I had a long day, and have already mixed a couple of cocktails -- watermelon margaritas. No picture, since it's just a derivative of a previous cocktail.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No worries. Remember I jump everyone's shit, even my own on those rare occasions I screw up. Don't sell yourself short

Role with it, if you will

10. YankeeFan

Russert was not a conventional choice. Had barely ever been on camera, but had the political background.

Todd is very similar to Russert (at least in my mind). He's not the perfect "blow dried" anchor, but he's relaxed on camera, knows his shit, and is very thorough.

11. YankeeFan

No problem.

I actually do appreciate it. Would prefer to be a better writer, and don't want to be graded on a curve.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

David Gregory is gay?

#CrossThread

Draft saved Draft deleted