1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Geffen may have sunk Hillary today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Obama vs Hillary vs Biden vs Kucinich = Bill Richardson, your next President.

Please, let us get a fiscal conservative who cuts taxes, has an immigration policy, isn't homophobic, is pro-choice, has foreign policy experience and has intellectual curiosity in the White House.

SportsJournalists.com - spread the word. Bill Richardson can create jobs, be environmentally responsible, tough on terror and bring real education reform.

Fear the Richardson.

The GOP has no one that can win. HA HA.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Ragu hits on the problem that I -- and I assume many others -- have with Hilary. It's not that bullshit about people "not being ready" for a woman president. It's because if you cut through her ambition, all you have is ... ambition. She stands for nothing but her ambition. I have no use for that in a male candidate, a female candidate, an extraterrestrial candidate.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Perhaps, but . . . .a Hollywood idiot bashing Hillary won't hurt her, except in Malibu.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You may be right.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You know.. I've been wondering if when Primary time comes, Republicans are going to be taking Democrat tickets and voting for the person they believe easiest to defeat.. in this case, I believe it's Hilary. People think it happened in the Governor's race in Missouri in '04 and I'm pretty sure with everyone running this year on both sides, if their favored applicant starts out on top, this could happen again.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

In Missouri, there is no voter registration in parties. We would walk in, tell them which ballot we want, and vote. I don't know how many states actually require a person to register as a dem. or repub. In states where there is no independent primary, I wonder how people registerred as Independent's vote...

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In my state you can register by party, but I don't believe there's anything that keeps you from voting in the other party's primary. I'm an independent, so I feel like I should be able to vote in both.

8. Piotr Rasputin

That's moronic on the state's part. On the part of ANY state that allows that, since it definitely opens the door for the chicanery you described above. I dislike the restriction having to vote only for my party in the primaries puts on me, but it prevents ballot stuffing.

Independents should be allowed to vote in both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Democratic_Party_v._Jones

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll listen to Billy, if he comes to Iowa and give us a reason to consider him. Right now, Barack is looking pretty impressive to the good folks here. Downtown was in full chaotic mode tonight with Barack at the Convention Complex, the stem cell public hearing at the Statehouse, and the wrestlers in town for the state tournament at Wells Fargo Arena.

I'd wish someone would have asked Obama if he was going to check out the grapplers up the street tonight. He wouldn't hesitate at all and say yes. Hillary would have given you a pained expression on her face and cringe as Bill would be eyeing all of the wrestling cheerleaders during the afternoon sessions.

10. Piotr Rasputin

I especially love the LA Times story on this.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/washingtondc/la-na-hillary22feb22,0,3894599.story?track=mostviewed-sectionfront

In Hollywood, Clinton campaign officials have moved aggressively to limit Obama's inroads and force longtime donors to back the former first lady.

Her campaign chairman, Terry McAuliffe, recently warned donors that Clinton would remember those who did not back her.

"You are either with us or you're against us," McAuliffe told potential donors during a dinner at Saban's house.

So far, the appeal has not succeeded. Some, such as Geffen and fellow DreamWorks studio co-founder Jeffrey Katzenberg, have been drawn to the 45-year-old Obama, while others are following the lead of Norman Lear in supporting multiple candidates to foster a dynamic debate.

When Lear, the legendary TV sitcom producer, was told of McAuliffe's comments earlier this month, he responded: "What's Hillary going to do? Jail me?"

Adopting Lear's strategy are singer Barbra Streisand, former Paramount head Sherry Lansing and another DreamWorks founder, Steven Spielberg — all of whom are giving early contributions to multiple candidates.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A lot of the money for these goons comes from NYC, too, not just Hollywood, though, and in NY she has been cleaning everyone's clock. There was a story in the NY Observer about it a month or two ago. The NY political contributers figure if they give money elsewhere and she wins, she'll screw them. If they give money elsewhere and she loses, she is still Senator from NY, and she'll still screw them. So the story pointed out how much trouble John Edwards, for example, was having on his frequent trips up to NYC. People who might have contributed to him are too petrified of crossing her.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

With good reason, maybe:
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted