1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Feherty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 7, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Feherty and Gary McCord are CBS' best on-air golf assets ... and Augusta's worst nightmare.

Too bad for the boys in the green jackets. Their loss.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

McCord hasn't been on the Masters in like 10 years, after the bikini wax comment when the green jackets banned him. I've read it's actually in his contract that he doesn't do the Masters.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I strongly recommend Feherty's golf books; they're compilations of the columns he writes for a golf mag. LOL funny. Maybe he just writes like he talks but he turns some phrases that are outstanding.
    I was in a drug store once and heard this voice next to me talking to the clerk. Turned out it was Feherty. Introduced myself and told him how much he admired my work. He said, "You could give aspirin a headache." (OK, I made up the quote based on a previous post.)

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm quite aware of that, hence my statement. Between the "bikini wax" line and the "body bags" comment, he and the green jackets aren't too chummy. Again, Augusta's loss.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

McCord did a Q and A with Golf magazine last month and said he doesn't wanna' be allowed back to Augusta because he'c become more famous (and rich) being known as they guy who was banned.

Draft saved Draft deleted