1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Beckham Signs for PSG - Will Donate Entire Salary to Charity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

David Beckham is moving to PSG. He will, in essence, be playing for free as he will be donating his entire salary (which is reported to be £150,000 a week - that's about $240,000) to a children's charity.

People like to criticize Beckham, but I don't know how many other athletes (no matter how rich) would be willing to donate their entire salary to charity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2271219/David-Beckham-signs-150k-week-deal-Paris-St-Germain-donating-ENTIRE-salary-childrens-charity.html

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

David Beckham continues to get it. Sure, he's not the best footballer in the world - never was - but has handled the spotlight well. Nice move.

I'm sure someone will bend this the other way, though.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

How many columnists over the last couple decades especially have suggested certain athletes sign for the minimum or donate their salary to some worthy cause or just play for the love of their sport? Will be interesting to see if any notice that one of the bigger names in sports around the world actually has. Good for him and for the charity He just earned even more fans for life, I imagine.

Draft saved Draft deleted