1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dave Meggett vs. Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fishwrapper, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Rape isn't funny. Please tell me I'm not the first to alert you to this fact.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who said I was trying to be funny? Haven't you kept up with Dave Meggett's life since he retired?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

should be nowhere near this discussion

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Eh, Meggett is only behind about $190,000 in back child support and has been accused of sexual assualt on a few occasions.

But his kid will play for the Terps next year. Hopefully he has not been messed up too much.

---

Let's go old school with Joe Washington or Larry Centers.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No love for Bruce Harper?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, I get the comparison with Washington, but Centers? He was a fullback who had only a handfull of returns in his career. But hey, he did catch 827 passes in his career, including 101 in 1995. I knew it was a lot, but never realized it was quite that many until I looked it up.

I was thinking Mel Gray belonged in the conversation, but he barely did anything but return kicks. More like Hester, but not as good.

7. 93Devil

I thought you were looking for third down backs. My bad.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Reggie Bush has proven he cannot be great without Deuce McAllister getting the tough yards...

Bush has tremendous talent, but he's the most expensive role player/return guy in NFL history.

When it is all said and done, Devin Hester will be the best return man ever, if he's not already...

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

... but ...

... here's why he does belong.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see where you were coming from. I'm not quite sure where this thread is going, though I was thinking it was about guys who were kick returners and third-down backs.

11. 93Devil

I thought it was guys who did the same thing and Bush, but they are guys your would take on your team over Reggie.

Oh, Jones-Drew. Scariest back in the league, IMHO.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Bush and Jones-Drew were in college in the same town, at the same time.
    Drew was awesome, just always overshadowed Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted