1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dave Duncan vs. KFNS

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cosmo, Mar 29, 2008.

1. 212areacode

212areacode Member

This is one of those occasions where someone in the "industry" hurts the industry. A journalist doesn't play fast and loose and disregard professional courtesy in an attempt to get some attention and make a subject look bad. The effort was pathetic and all the radio personality accomplished was making everyone look bad.

This radio fellow isn't a journalist. He'll probably take that as a compliment. I don't mean it as an insult, but the guy pretty much doesn't get it.

Duncan should probably just withdraw his threats to sue... then walk up, hand extended the next time they cross paths... and then... punch the guy in the mouth.

That would make it about even.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Perhaps a longtime St. Louisan can answer this for me, but is this the same Kevin Slaten who years ago was a PA announcer for the Steamers indoor soccer team and once was kicked out of a game for tangling with an opposing player while the player was in the penalty box?

I remember reading about that in SI, and if this is the guy, then I guess he hasn't changed much.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You gotta wonder if this would have happened at KMOX.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Other means? You can bet someone from the station gave him a copy, because they want Slaten gone.

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I think my favorite part was the possible slander suit for Duncan calling him a "nasty man." Gotta love people who have no clue when it comes to libel/slander suits.

Draft saved Draft deleted