1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dave collins piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SheaSeals, May 14, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Huggy,

Genny was the second last thing to go. You gotta be desperate to drink OM.

Good times with Milwaukee fans when they're up here. When you've got a winning program like they do--well-run organization, solid group of veteran talents--you're going to have that loyal fan base. Bunch of them sat in front of me at the EX the other day. Travel with the team everywhere.

Hurts seeing Roy Howell with the other guys. If they ever think that this Gruber kid will fill his shoes they got another thing coming.

YHS, etc

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, the Brew Crew. Used to love to watch Cecil Cooper bomb 'em in BP.

Speaking of Howell, anyone else remember that homer he hit into the gale-force winds in Texas one night?

Mr Friend O', much call for Molson Diamond or Stock Ale at your joint? It's a quality establishment that carries those brews.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Huggy,

Molson Diamond is my party beer. I'll bet you it would pass Canadian if the Molsons just get behind it. Fat chance, though. 'Bout as much chance as them selling the Canadiens. Still, don't knock Diamond til you try it. Buddies drink Stock.

YHS, etc

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Canada's baseball shame: A surfeit of Stieb. An insufficiency of Staub.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wow that's one hell of a crackback, is there where I respond "I know you are but what am I".
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Manny Lee develops, and as Fergie Oliver would say "How bout them Blue Jays"

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

I also enjoyed Fergie on Just Like Mom. Tell your old lady you're going to pile a ton of ketchup into the cookies during the bakeoff, and Presto! A free Norco Spitfire.

7. SheaSeals

SheaSeals Member

jc, i was just kidding. didn't mean to offend.

obviously, there was no point here. was sorta drunk when i posted, sorry.

long live luis leal.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I heard that the Jays got this buck-stud of an outfielder with a cool, cool name: Sil Campusano.

I'm planning on picking him first in my fantasy league. With that name, those wheels and that bat, he can't miss.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I still have no clue what this is about, though it brings back bad memories. In any event, I think we need a poll:

Whitt/Martinez or Wyneger/Cerone?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We keep waiting for Canadian Rob Ducey to make an impact.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Rob Ducey was my neighbour growing up. Jason Gooding, too -- I think he was drafted by the Royals but never made it.

There was a lot of almost talent on that little street in Cambridge, Ontario.

That includes Sandy Mesz, the grade one hottie.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Mark Lemongello? I read somewhere his brother was a bowler. I think he's a good get for the Jays, Ashby will be lucky if he can get a radio job one day.

Draft saved Draft deleted