1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dave collins piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SheaSeals, May 14, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can someone please repost an old Al Bumbry gamer, from maybe 1978?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

From '78 he can have his own, but by the early '80s he'd have to share it with John Shelby.

3. I like that Stieb/Honeycutt match-up? Anybody know if it will be televised. On CTV, maybe. With Fergie Oliver doing sideline.

Awesome.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Stieb-Honeycutt would be an amazing matchup nowadays. Same with either of them vs Mark Langston. Workhorses, all three of them.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Call me crazy but I'd sooner pay five bucks and sit in Section 7 than get soaked for, what, nine bucks plus tax for a spot in Section 9. My tip: Next time you go to Exhibition Stadium, ask for Section 7. Nobody buys those seats, you'll be in the first two rows and right beside the visiting bullpen. God, last time I went Mickey Hatcher was wearing a chest protecter under his uni, doing an impression of his pregnant wife. What a cut-up. Yeah, I was pissed the time Bill Castro tried to pick up my girlfriend. I think she has eyes for Jim Acker--which is why we're over in Section 7. Look for me if you get a chance.

YHS, etc

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

So I guess Shea's reason for starting this thread was just a little Canuckistan nostalgia?

OK, That's good.

7. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

God, I remember going to a doubleheader the other day and there was a huge rain delay game 2. Cleveland. Must have been 10 pm when we finally got out of there.

(Oh yeah, what I was saying about Section 7 in the previous note and the Jim Acker thing. Y'know, I want to keep her away from the home bullpen, that's for sure.)

I know some people like the bleachers, two bucks and all, but I think the extra three make Section 7 worthwhile. Last season I got into a fight with an obnoxious Yankees fan in the bleachers 40 rows up during a sold-out doubleheader. Think he had to be from Buffalo or something. He was going on about Steve Kemp. "Hey c'mon Steverino." Security came when I put him on his back. Before that he took a swing at a bunch of Toronto kids who were taunting him. Yup, Jays swept the Yanks. Shame how that franchise has fallen on hard times.

YHS, etc

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, friend of the friendless recalling the old days when he was just a young half-miler.
    Good times!

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So you say. Just last week we caught the Jays-Yanks at the Stadium, you know, they get a big Latin crowd in New York since the Jays are so big on those guys -- Damaso Garcia, Tony Fernandez, and that George Bell is a tough out. We nailed one Jays fan coming up the stairs to the upper deck -- cups, bottles, hats, you name it. Yo la tengo, my ass.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Rance Mulliniks + Garth Iorg = Whitest Platoon in MLB History.

11. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

I know you think I'm crazy, but I think we're just a reliever away--say, Bill Caudill--from really doing something.

YHS, etc

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

I think you're right, Friend.

And I like Buck Martinez to manage this club someday.

Draft saved Draft deleted