1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daunte Culpepper, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 7, 2006.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Shut up.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Rich. That is so rich. Hey COCKDIAN, pick up the phone. No one likes you.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

well.......what about all the kids watching at home? Doesn't anyone worry about impressional children having to see a man kiss another man?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]

Chappelle:......Gay people are getting married folks. Two guys at a barbecue. "Ooo, I like you man, I like you too dog, let's get married."
    Reporter:But what about Sadda....
    Chappelle:I said that shit is gross!

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

One could argue that Culpepper got those gaudy stats not because of how he played, but because of Randy Moss.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Because Moss did so much for Kerry Collins.

Come on, you're saying Harrington would be a three-time Pro Bowler if he had played with Moss? Please.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're a complete fucking sack of shit, but that's one of the greatest one-sentence posts in the history of this board. :D

As for Culpepper, maybe the stats are different, but it seems like every time the Vikings needed him to come up with a pivotal play late, he hacked it up. The dolphins are a chic pick to go deep into the playoffs, but they fattened up on the dregs/teams with nothing to play for at the end of last season (San Diego excepted). Hey, no fault there, you play who you play. But they won four of those games by four points or less and beating New England when the Patriots had so little to play for that Belichick allowed Flutie to dust off the drop kick does not count.

And they lost to the dog-ass Browns 22-0 right before that six-game winning streak started.

Also, it's assuming a lot to figure Culpepper will revert back to his Grade-A form after, basically, two seasons off. He was so bad last year before he got hurt that you've got to chalk it up as a lost year. I'm not a fan of his skill position players, aside from Brown, and haven't Taylor and Thomas (what is this, a very special episode of Home Improvement?) anchored that defense since the year after the Dolphins made the Super Bowl?

I might be wrong. But I like my 7-9 prediction. A lot.

As for why Dennis Green is to blame for the 1998 NFC title game loss, he sat on the ball in the last minute of the first half with the highest scoring offense in the history of the league. He sucks. An absolute choking dog as a coach. He lost that game for them long before Anderson shanked a FG for the only time that year.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

OK, everyone, I just want to clarify this to make sure everyone understands my point. If you already do, my apologies.

I'm not saying Daunte Culpepper is great or that he will return to his Pro Bowl form and will lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl. I, too, have seen him gag (along with the entire Vikings team) way too often in clutch situations, and frankly, I'm not sold on the Dolphins as even a real playoff contender, much less a division winner or AFC champion.

My only point is that saying Joey Harrington is going to win that starting job from Culpepper is stupid with a capital Stu. Culpepper is a legitimate NFL starter who has tremendous physical ability and has actually accomplished a few things in the league. Joey Harrington has nothing and has done nothing to make anyone believe he isn't Tim Couch or Akili Smith. He's lucky to be in the league as a backup. Maybe he'll be good at that, I don't know. But if you have Culpepper and Harrington on your team and start Harrington, they ought to toss you out of the league. Culpepper is the Dolphins QB this year unless he's carted off the field.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well put. Agree with every word of that argument.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Oh really who gives a shit.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Now thats comedy.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Oh... I (and the Miami Herald) was pretty pissed at Denny..... but the game was not lost before Anderson's 38-yarder. It was kept way too close.

Draft saved Draft deleted