1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daunte Culpepper, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 7, 2006.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I ... I .... I agree with A_F. There, I said it.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Duante sucks.

You've all been warned.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Let's not forget, the Steelers were losing and pinned deep in their own territory with 7 minutes to go when they got a first-time-in-30-years play that put them on top. This is the defending champion playing at home (granted w/out their real QB) that Miami had on the ropes.

Dolphins will be fine.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, wait a minute -- this isn't one of your 10 truths!

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

tentativer looked very tenative, as if he was worried about how his knee would hold up after taking a shot. He didn't step up in the pocket, he just threw flat-footed.

On the Dolphins' third drive of the game, they had a third-and-four at their 45. Wes Welker was wide open over the middle, standing by his lonesome. Culpepper rushed a throw to the Welker's right side, instead of just throwing the ball. It should have been an easy completion and first down Dolphins.

6. if you go back to my training camp 10 truths, i called out culpepper and said harrington would win the starting job by midseason.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We would agree with you Big Sexy, but we can't. You already spelled that out for us with Mr. Tony for Wednesday and today on PTI. We wanted to see where Daunte was going to throw the ball to: Chris Chambers, to Pink up in the suite, or to the security guy standing in Section 500 in Heinz Field.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Has a better chance of knocking Culpepper out of the no. 1 job in Miami than Joey.

9. cubs

cubs Member

It is kinda hard to be better than he was when you cannot run the ball worth the shit. When your running back is only averaging 2.1 yards per carry...its tough...give the guy a chance...He is better than half of the other starting QB's in the league.

And...yes..there is absolutely no way that they win the East....Pats have the east by at least 3 games.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jason. I can't see Harrington moving Culpepper aside as the starter. Perhaps Daunte gets hurt again, and Harrington takes over that way. But he was given the keys in Detroit long enough, and he couldn't motor the Lions along. The Lions coaching staff dumbed everything down to make it easier for Harrington to digest. Still no dice.

Why will it be different for him in Miami?

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

OK, saying Culpepper isn't all that is fine. But Joey Harrington? I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Daunte is in an elite class with Steve DeBerg, Randall Cunningham, Neil O'Donnell and Vinny Testaverde: He's just good enough to get you beat. The Porter INT was classic Culpepper.

Draft saved Draft deleted