1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daulerio says in Hogan trial he draws line at posting sex tape of 4 year old

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Perhaps that's their strategy.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not sure what that Seinfeld clip has to do with the topic at hand, but I thank you all the same, bc George Costanza is my silent life coach.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Used in the sense that A.J. thinking it ain't no thing could sway the jury into thinking it ain't no thang since Hogan has talked about his cock before etc etc.

4. CD Boogie

I'll be shocked if Gawker wins this case. I have no idea how the jury was selected, but this strikes me as a simple case of jurors putting themselves in the shoes of the victim and throwing the book at the defendant. Their defense is flimsy and hypocritical given their stance against publishing photos of a naked Jennifer Lawrence. There's no difference in what happened to her and what happened here. Worse, the two people on the Hogan film had no idea they were being taped. The woman is a victim in this, too. If you happened to sleep with someone who had bragged about their sex life, does that mean you're now newsworthy, too? Not a chance.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

Shepherd me through your allusion, dood

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Daulerio is the muckraking tabloid journalist from Red Dragon- to a tee.
    I wonder who hurt this guy, he's broken inside.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Life Tip No. 921: No matter how stupid the question, no matter how much you want to, a deposition is NOT the time to crack jokes.

Ace, Mr. Sunshine and Webster like this.
  9. CD Boogie

And a joke about taping a 4-year-old having sex, no less. Hopefully when the defense calls him as a witness he can work in some ticklers about rape and Hitler.

Ace and Batman like this.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You should hear him tell The Aristocrats.

Riptide and Batman like this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm very torn between my love of the First Amendment and my belief that AJ is a vile, smug person with elastic standards at best — throw in John Cook and Emma Carmichael too — and feeling like they deserve whatever they get.

I think they're going to lose too. Will be interesting to see, though, how it plays in appeals court. Will be years before Hogan sees a dime I bet.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think Gawker will lose this round, at least. I think Denton knows it, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted