1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daulerio says in Hogan trial he draws line at posting sex tape of 4 year old

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Resume' building by posting on SJ.com?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Maybe Daulerio is freelancing at the Daily Beast under a pseudonym? /crossthread

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Interesting read. So he was maybe possibly molested as a kid? That sucks. Doesn't excuse him being a POS, though.
    The ending leaves me with the impression the writer isn't buying his whole sob story:

"He pauses. It's getting late. We're both tired. At least I am. I want to get off the phone, but Daulerio, he doesn't want to go to sleep. He wants to keep talking. He wants to keep making his case."

His rampant drug use was no surprise, nor was Denton's callous response to Daulerio's addictions.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

No winners in that story.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

The rules of First Amendment didn't apply to him because he was diddled by his therapist 30 years ago and self-medicated. Find me a more pathetic copout, you can't.

Also am I reading this right that at one point he was making $475,000 a year in contracts but has only $1500 in his savings account? What a perpetual child. You're 42 AJ, party's over, grow the fuck up and stop looking for a pity party over your sorry excuse for a life.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I can't think of too many stories I've read recently as emblematic of our time as that one. All the different elements point to larger trends. Online media issues, Silicon Valley meddling, sexual abuse, drug abuse, First Amendment issues, sex recordings, a situation where everybody is completely unlikable and morally bankrupt. I don't know. It just made me look back at the last 10 years.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You never quit, you just keep moving forward and hope to never turn around.

It's pretty fucking difficult to never turn around.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Think about what you said. ... "The first amendment didn't apply to him because he was diddled. ..." What does that mean? Why doesn't the first amendment apply to him? You are muddling issues and even the way you have muddled it, you said something that is backward. He wasn't accused of violating someone's first amendment rights (how could he anyhow? He's not a government entity). He was accused of having liability in a matter that the first amendment supposedly didn't protect him from. He was found civilly liable in a state court for something that actually trampled on his first amendment rights.

Second, he had contracts from Spin Media that could have earned him $475K a year. They terminated the contracts within 3 months.

The guy is certainly a fuck up. And he has probably blown through whatever money someone responsible would have saved.

But come on. If you want to be critical of him as a person, it's easy enough to do it factually -- he has given the world enough ammo without having to twist yourself into a pretzel to level criticisms that don't make sense.

I agree with @FileNotFound . No winners in that story. And in the whole Gawker Media saga, the fourth estate was actually the big loser in my opinion.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I have a 17-year-old son, so I have some insight into the mind of adolescent males. His motivation to do anything other than what he must be cajoled into doing (such as picking his laundry up off the floor or doing his homework) falls into one of two categories:

1/He thinks it's funny
    2/Because he can

Some people never grow out of that. The Gawker thing falls into that category, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure they're all still trying to figure out how Real Life got in and messed up their little fun-fest.

clintrichardson, wicked and Riptide like this.
  12. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

He blatantly disregarded the rules, and only when shit hit the fan did he suddenly feel entitled to try and hide behind them. Life doesn't work like that. You don't get to run into a theater and falsely yell fire then bitch when you get your ass beat. Fuck this Baby Huey and everything he stands for.

Draft saved Draft deleted