1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating sites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 30, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Where was my señorita to tell me that?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Game. Set. Match.

If the right one comes along, then great. Until then ... and not a moment before ...

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm sure my maternals grandparents and all five of my uncles on that side of family would agree on their "arranged" marriages. My uncles are either scared shitless of their wives or just miserable as hell for being settling what was comfortable at that time. I guess I'm not asking to get married to cure my loneliness, just someone to talk to and to know on a meaningful level.

4. I wasn't big on formal dating either. I always just hung out with chicks for a few nights or weeks or whatever without much commitment unless I realized there was a reason to take it further.

I was hardly at the JDV-level to be sure ::), but I wasn't one to pretend there was something there that wasn't. I had a real problem with commitment and was in no hurry to get married. Hell, my wife and I just started hanging out and she never gave me a reason to cut it off so it just worked itself out.

If anything, though, dating or "hanging out" is a wonderful way to figure out what you want and don't want in a relationship. By the time I met my wife, I pretty much had it figured out.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Oh, did I forget to mention I'm also in a 12-month "drought?"

6. Even up there in Badabing land? There's got to be some high-haired floozies looking for a good time.

I can't say much because I had probably an 18 month drought in my first gig in BFE. The good news is once it rains it pours ...

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I tried eharmony a few years ago. I went on dates with about a half-dozen or so women. I couldn't say anything bad about any of them though some of them may have had a somewhat different perspective of me.
    There were probably one or two whom if they gave me the chance, I would have liked to have seen again, but there's no point in feeling too bad about it. Most of the ones that it didn't work out with (OK, it didn't really work out with any of them) said there was nothing really unlikeable about me, but there was no spark, no chemistry. They were looking for something a little more immediate, but I would have preferred to have taken the time to get to know somebody.
    I get e-mails from Match.com, but have yet to spring for the membership. I might eventually, but at the moment finding a potential wife is not really a priority.
    I think I'll just let fate take its course. Whatever happens, happens. If a regular girlfriend or a wife isn't in the cards, so be it.

8. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Calm down.

My stay on the relationship DL went from 60 days to 10 years.

Signed up for match.com and yahoo personals, paying for match. No luck on either.

Turns out there's a coworker (and one who understands sports and an ever-changing schedule) who has an interest in me.

Thanks a damn lot, Dr. Phil.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

The good old days, when my sister was set up with a balding accountant (who lived at home) on "Love Connection." I've been out of the dating loop forever, but isn't it still a good approach to meet people while pursuing shared activities like hiking or dog walking or going to concerts?

10. I suppose I could just refer to her as Brandon. But that'd be creepy.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We told you to stay away from Angola!

Draft saved Draft deleted