1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating sites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 30, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

If I knew the answer to that I'd be sleeping on a large pile of money with many beautiful ladies.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Fuck, I'm glad I live right in the middle of Sopranoland.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's what some guys will run into problems with. If they pick up on things you like or don't like, but are unsure whether to make the move on the third date, they're screwed.

Men like to have physical contact and the like on the very initial meeting. That's maybe why I scared of dating. I can commit to someone, but the dating game is cutthroat, disappointing, and misguided.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Living in the middle of nowhere doesn't give you the option of being selective. You take whatever you can get. I dated a girl with three kids who was the warden of Psychoville. It was like dating the Hulk although she didn't turn green or bash through walls, but it was just as scary when she got mad.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's not that easy for women to find guys either, esp. guys who aren't drug dealers or otherwise involved with various nefarious deeds. Not that I'd know anything about that, mind you.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

So the wife and I were scrolling Yahoo! personals one evening (just to see if there was anyone on there we know; not looking for a hook-up), and we saw a lady from our church. She seemed very conservative, a really pretty single mom. Her interests? "Erotica and skinny dipping."

That was enlightening.

7. sportschick

I sometimes wish arranged marriage was still a viable option in this country.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Fuck that. My parents would make me marry some 5-foot-8 accountant who spends his spare time playing Dungeons and Dragons, doesn't know what a strike zone is and couldn't find an erogenous zone to save his life.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Amen my friend.

Earlier this week I chilled with this girl from the next town over. We talked for a few days and discovered we had a lot in common. On Tuesday we had dinner (which I cooked) and chilled the rest of the night at her place. As the night went on she grabbed my hand and a little while later had scurried right up next to me. At the end of the evening she kissed me and I went on my way. We hung out the next night, but the physical contact was nil. Thursday she's telling me she doesn't want a relationship and that she feels like hanging out has put everything else in her life on the back burner.

I was like, "Relationship? What the deuce? We've hung out twice!"

10. sportschick

My parents like me though. So I'm sure they'd hook me up with a Sean Bean-like man :D

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

There was once a reporter at a rival paper who had a listing on a dating site. Her main interest? "Hip-Hop dancing!"

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I enjoy being single. I HATE dating. And I put no weight on societal expectations of any kind, least of all the one mandating that we all pair off. A wise señorita once told me better to fly solo for the right reasons than pair off for the wrong ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted