1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating sites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 30, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I met Mrs. CI at AmericanSingles.com. That was free when I used it years ago.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Should we ask DyePack for confirmation on that one?

3. I'll echo Batman's endorsement of Match. I did eharmony sporadically for a few years with very little success.

Met someone on Match back in February and it's very likely she'll be Mrs. Omar at some point.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I have a profile on Match, but I've met someone so I'll wind up taking the profile down.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Shouldn't that be Mr. Omar? ;D

6. Wow. Damn glad I'm not single any more.

7. This thread reminded me how difficult it was to meet women when I was single.

I spent all my time at bars or at work, therefore that's where I met all my women - which aren't the best two places in the bar to meet women. Though I did meet my wife at work and took her to a bar for our first "date."

8. I met a girl over the internet once ... it was nearly 10 years ago on some kind of writing site (this is my first message board) ... and we just hit it off, so we met and it turned out she completely lied to me about everything from the picture she sent me to the fact that she was married but separated.

I would never do it again. I was actually heartbroken over it for awhile until I started dating my coworker a week later.

9. Yeah, it was before all this fancy schmancy stuff you kids got now like Myspace and YouTube.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Ouch, W_B. That's rough. I've signed up to match.com now and sent out a few e-mails like suggested above. I did the sensable thing and didn't include any bullshit in my profile & added a bunch of pictures, none of them vanity shots. I think my one flaw is that I'm a tad on the impatient side when it comes to trying to meet up. I'm not one of those people that calls/IMs/e-mails twice a day, every day, but I am very dogged in my pursuit. Tips on how to avoid scaring the ladies off?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hold off telling them about your love of comic books.

Don't discuss politics, religion or exes.

Don't mention your mother until at least the third date.

12. Do these sites actually find women in your area? What if you live in a rural area?

Just curious.

Draft saved Draft deleted