1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rte345, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Then we could have told him advicey things.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Drinks.

Dinner's too formal and can come with too many expectations at this point. You're shooting the shit and sniffing each other's butts. Although, if you have a drink or two and then you both get hungry, that's cool, do it. That is, unless you're at Olive Garden.

Let the game come to you, son, but be aware of when it's coming.

3. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Just don't text her pics of your cock. You're not at that stage yet.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Ask her out to drinks during a weeknight, preferably Thursday, like someone mentioned. It's not necessarily a date night, but it's close enough to get into the atmosphere of one.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What, exactly, were you friends "torn on"? This chick wants to show you her chi-chis.

6. rte345

rte345 New Member

thanks everyone for your advice. i'm going to go for a weeknight next week - way too much pressure for grabbing drinks to do that on a weekend night and kind of short notice for this thursday (not to mention I'm busy) so will try next week. will let all know how it goes.

7. rte345

rte345 New Member

one friend told me she was just being friendly because she's in sales and that's what sales people do...but the more i think about it, she kind of went out of her way to suggest grabbing drinks (and contacting me in the first place) so it should have been more obvious. hope it goes well - i had a great time the first night with her.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This thread could have been so much more.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

We now have proof positive.

Some men really do need an engraved invitation.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Don't go in expecting too much, because you'll just let yourself down if you're expecting it to be romantic, but she's just out for drinks. Enjoy yourself, have fun and if you get the vibe that it is a romantic setting, there you go.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

TWSS

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love you.

And you.

Draft saved Draft deleted