1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rte345, Jun 21, 2011.

1. rte345

rte345 New Member

a

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

she's definitely interested, dude. the hand-written note to say she enjoyed getting to chat you up says it all. go for it. no waiting. no games. just ask her to dinner, just the two of you, and see where it goes...

3. I'm not entirely certain how she could be any more clear short of asking you out herself.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Are you waiting for a hand-written invitation?

Wait, she sent you one of those.

5. rte345

rte345 New Member

Haha thanks for the outside perspective. I've had bad luck misinterpreting women before so always second guess these situations.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When a girl says "Let's grab drinks sometime soon. Best, Girl's Name." then it means ASK HER OUT YOU IDIOT!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think your advice here is far too subtle...

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

well, i understand some guys can be gun-shy after misreading signals in the past. but i don't think there's much chance of that here. besides, my attitude eventually became, 'screw it, what do i have to fear?' you ask her to dinner she says no, let's just be friends? big whoop.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's Headbutt. A Terrapin who refuses to come out of his shell.

:D

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Goddamn, how I wish smallpotatoes had started this thread.

11. rte345

rte345 New Member

alright so it's pretty clear that i should ask her out. now should I do drinks as she suggests...less pressure or suggest dinner?

And is it too soon to suggest something this week (Friday/Thursday/Weekend)?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Drinks. I think it's early enough to ask about the weekend, but that's a big night. Might be too close to Thursday, but give it a shot if you want.

Or say "Hey, I'd love to grab drinks next week. What night's good for you?"

Draft saved Draft deleted