1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating a co-worker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rickys The Best, Jul 27, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It certainly is complicated, but any relationship is complicated. I've gone out with loons at work and loons out of work.

All I can say is, make sure the big head is doing the thinking.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't think you should ever date a co-worker...

...unless he/she is REALLY hot. Then you should TOTALLY date a co-worker.

3. Totally agree. I ended up marrying the woman I dated at my former newspaper and it was a small newsroom, so everybody knew. We were even broken up for a while and though it was a little ugly at times, we still managed to act professional and we had to. Even though I worked in the sports departments, she was the online editor and I had to report to her when it came to my blog and any breaking news or web updates. Fuck that whole don't shit where you eat mentality. If you can handle it, go for it. I was able to and it's been the best decision on my life so far.

4. And fuck her on your boss' desk ..

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same here. I obtained a restraining order against her, then left town in the middle of the night to move crosscountry.

Two other work-based relationships ended badly, but thankfully not that badly.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

"Was that wrong? You see, if someone had told me that having sex on a desk was wrong, I would not have done it."
    (Or something to that effect)

7. boots

boots New Member

Don't shit where you eat.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't pretend shit where you pretend eat, either.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

This from someone who's had harassment issues (allegedly)

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I HATE the pretend shit!

Also, don't pretend eat where she pretend shits.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And be more careful sneaking out of the bathroom on a Sunday night shift when you think no one else is in the newsroom.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One of our editors caught a photog and a reporter scrogging on the roof about 4 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted