1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dateless student told she can't attend prom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why not? Expose the idiocy. This school thinks it's still the Stone Age. Let everyone know about it. Then those people can decide if they still want that type of school to be part of their community.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, I guess I don't see it as idiocy -- it's a pretty common requirement around the country and it does lead to a calmer event than if say a half-dozen guys buy tickets just to go raise hell. But I'm thinking more that the girl doesn't need her romantic problems broadcast all over the country.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It can be both common and idiotic.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

1. She's not overly hot but just enough so that she might be picky. I'm sure there are a few dozen geeks at her school who would jump at the chance. Maybe she's just too full of herself. I saw the news last night and she's kind of NURH (nice unit, rough helmet). I'd hit it at that age.

2. Maybe she needs to go the Lexi Thompson route: http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/18842008/video-lexi-thompson-needs-a-date-to-prom

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah, you don't come off at all creepy here.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not that I would know, but I assume prom is supposed to have a certain atmosphere, and the date requirement is a part of that.

It's not something I'd go to war over it, but it doesn't seem that egregious to me either to require dates.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Spare me the indignation. Lexi Thompson's publicists sent that video out to every golf writer in America.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And the part where you're judging the hotness of a high school junior?

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What, and you've never covered HS volleyball?

Zing! Just kidding. Hey-o! ... ... Someone remind me to come back and delete this post.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow. That might be a first on SportsJournalists.com.
    Read it again. I said if I was of high school age I'd consider it.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

[quote author=dreunc1542]
    And the part where you're admitting to judging the hotness of a high school junior?
    [/quote]

FYP

Draft saved Draft deleted