1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Date night with Mrs. Dan (Crazy Heart)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

went to dinner (Olive Garden, you know, a sports writer's salary ....) ... saw Crazy Hearts .... really good flick ... I can see what the fuss was about ... Deb loved it ... ... I'm a sucker for redemption stories, anyway .... thought I'd share ....

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Are you just throwing it out there or do you want to hear from others who have also had date night with Mrs. Dan? :D

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

so that WAS you behind the potted plant at the Olive Garden, eh, Slappy ... ;) ... how did you like the movie ... (sorry, we didnt share the gummy bears with you ... $5 is $5, you know ....)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's OK... just know that if we had an AHL franchise here, I'd so hide the gummi bears in the invoice

5. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

just wait a minute and you'll probably get an AHL team ... they are hopscotching like girls in a school yard ...

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The movie made me want to go bowling in Peublo, Colorado.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Deb abides?

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

she does, indeed, although being married to a sportswriter isn't exactly the best gig in the world ...

As for Pueblo, one logical step in Bad Blake's road to recovery would have been to go back to Pueblo and sing "I Don't Know" for Bev and Bill Wilson

The other really interesting thing (and small side note) ... I used to work with the artist, Sam Phillips ... one of her songs was selected for use in the movie by T-Bone Burnett, her ex-husband ...

Draft saved Draft deleted