1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

data recovery software for mac

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, May 26, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Suggestions?

I'll fork out money if I have to, but free data recovery software is good data recovery software.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It ain't free, but have you tried Data Rescue?

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

After a little research, I figured out pretty quickly that there's no such thing as free data recovery software...you get a free trail, but have to buy the software if you actually want to get your data back.

I gave up. The software was friggin' expensive and there's no guarantee of getting your data back, since the computer actually writes over deleted files. Chances are, I'd be writing over some of the files I deleted when downloading the data retrieval program. So I said, screw it. "Oh yeah, well, life goes on...."

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

norton disk doctor. recovery comes with a weekly maintenance and defrag program. well, well worth the money. i owned macs from 97-2006. wouldn't go a day without it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Symantec discontinued development for the Mac versions of SystemWorks and Disk Doctor 3 years ago. The product was not updated to support Mac OS X Tiger and even under Panther, the last version of SystemWorks had serious bugs.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well there you go. hated OSX and refused to upgrade, instead went to PC. thanks for updating my outdated info coffee.

Draft saved Draft deleted