1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin claims another

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Shawshank Decapitation?

2. If you don't beleive that see "Jury Duty" thread.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Now that's damn funny.

I'm a huge fan of roller coasters and amusement parks. And I fear the continued action of a few morons is going ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Don't stand up on a ride designed for you to be seated and buckled. Don't climb two fences plastered with warning signs. Ain't that hard to do. And if you do do those things, I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for you.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why do you think I have a secret identity? And why do you think, if you follow the licensing deals with Six Flags, you end up at a Cayman Islands trading company, operating in international waters on a nondescript freighter flying under a Panamanian flag, that sends its proceeds to a Swiss bank account?
    I'm covered, brother.

5. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I'd just like to say that it's sad that this kid died, his fault or not.

That said, I didn't stop laughing from the moment I read the name of this thread until I got done. When I read the Shawshank line, I actually had to stop because I couldn't see through the tears.

Real sad though

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Fair enough. I don't think he deserved to die, but I have no scientific fact to support that argument, I guess.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Was this guy involved?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Posted this on an original thread because I didn't see the "Darwin" connection when trying to find the subject (and have laughed embarassingly at some of this thread):

I can't see the park having liability. But some lawyer will no doubt seize upon the question of how many paid "observers" does it take to monitor every "off limits" park in the country, which may push the case out in the open and to avoid having to be put into position to hire more people to do a relatively meaningless and mundane job, Six Flags will pay a sum to the family to shut them up. Sad.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

WTF is with these guys going to retrieve their hats?

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10375320

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Those Ninjas can sneak up on you.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

In the voice of Vanilla Ice:

Go Ninja. Go Ninja, Go.
    Go Ninja. Go Ninja, oooohhhhh.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A weird SixFlags factoid: Mark Shapiro, formerly the grand poobah at ESPN, now is a big cheese of the Dan Snyder-owned company that includes SixFlags

Draft saved Draft deleted