1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin claims another

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

A buddy of mine knows a girl who got her ankles literally chopped off by a roller coaster ride at a Six Flags a while back. Apparently doctors were able to somehow fuse them back together.

It's a wonder these kinds of things don't happen more often than they already do.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That makes three of us. Except I really didn't try to stop laughing.

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

That one was at the Six Flags I spent a lot of time at as a kid. But given that I only used the water park and rode the motion simulator, I was never was in much danger at that joint.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a 40 something, I admit that my whole life I've enjoyed the thrill of coasters. Now I've been abstentia from them for the past 6 years. (I went on something called Top Gun about 6 years ago at a Great America, coaster with feet dangling) I also went on the Tower of Terror at Disneyland 2 years ago.) My wife wonders why I want to feel like I'm going to die but damn the thrill is intoxicating. Looking at these newest rides, on one hand they look awesome. On the other hand, as an attorney, I can only imagine the potential f-ups, worker intelligence included.

This is a sad story. Damn, someone teach these people to read and understand what two fences near a rollercoaster means.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder how much money this kid's stupidity is going to earn for his family.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think its cool Batman himself stopped by to weigh in on the tragedy involving his ride.

Conversely, I'm disappointed Batman used this forum to create a plausible deniablity defense for the inevitable court case to come. Good Lord man, don't you think you're litigation gold in Gotham City based on past deeds?

I hate to say it, but you fucked up when you said you've been party to other near amusement park disasters. Keep that on the downlow in court.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He got hit by someone's feet, or metal?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I would imagine someone's feet.

9. Armchair_QB

Hate to be that guy.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Word is the Falcons signed him up on the spot to be their kicker.

11. Armchair_QB

How was your trip to Six Flags dear?

It was great. Right up until I kicked that dude's head off. Fucker went a long way.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"And it went 110 yards in the air!"

Draft saved Draft deleted