1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DART....wow

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by alleyallen, Jun 30, 2009.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK....I really should post on these boards more often because even though I'm no longer in the business except during football season, I can still appreciate powerful stories and photographs.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this so I thought I'd share this from the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma. If it's a DB, my apologies.

http://dartcenter.org/gallery/decade-witness

Now admittedly, the stories were written quite a while ago in some cases, like Path of a Bullet. But the story was still moving and a bit sad, especially when you consider how things have gotten worse rather than better, it seems.

Another story I found powerful was Children of the Underground, an interesting perspective on child custody issues that made me pay attention.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to fully delve into the site, but I can't wait to have some time this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted