1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Tower fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jan 13, 2011.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Genius. I played that yesteday on-line.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

1. The Wastelands
    2. Wolves of The Calla
    3. Wizard and The Glass
    4. The Dark Tower
    5. Song of Susannah
    6. The Gunslinger
    7. The Drawing of the Three

I think 'The Wizard and the Glass' is so high on my list because we had to wait so long for it. The Dark Tower and Song of Susannah you could flip.
    Spoiler Alert.....

I think it's safe to say that we've all read the series here, so what did everyone think of the ending? I kinda figured it out, especially with King's huge warning beforehand. I was really disappointed, but I couldn't figue out a better ending. No candy and flowers for Roland, that's for sure but I'll be they'll change it in the movies.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Do you feel it, Highlander?!?!?

It is the quickening of wasting a lot of time!!!!!

http://www.hotflashgames.com/darktower.htm

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I read the first book. I thought it was decent. I'll give the second one a shot.

5. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

If you've read all of King, and I mean virtually ALL of King, meeting the writer was so well done, in so many little ways, that you had to be left wondering whether he'd been planning that exact moment for decades.

The last Dark Tower books bring together so many previously seen and unseen connections and threads from earlier works that it's nothing less than amazing.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I liked the ending only because it was the right one. The first book will always be my favorite. By the time Nos. 5 and 6 came out I was ready to come to the end so I probably didn't enjoy those as much as I should have. I had forgotten the face of my father, so to speak.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

My brother nearly become apoplectic when he finally came to the end of The Dark Tower. I seriously expected him to trash all the books. I'm fairly certain he hasn't touched them since.

8. highlander

highlander Member

I do. It really isn't a bad game for its time.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

10. JakeandElwood

Getting into the second book. Now I'm seeing why this series is getting so much love here.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

12. JakeandElwood

Universal cancels production.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-darktowertre76i06q-20110718,0,1555683.story

Draft saved Draft deleted