1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Knight trailer = Batman (1989 version) trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 2, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Looks like they plagiarized the old movie:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1813453

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Absolutely intentional homage.

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Or you could call it a homage to the first movie. (They own the copyright on both movies, so it's not plagarism.)

4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I'm not sold. Some mook could have just done some crafty editing and put that all together. Show me a video tape with that on it, then I'll believe.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... someone's saying it's the 1989 trailer that's faked!

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The less "The Dark Knight" is like "Batman," and more specifically, the less Ledger's Joker is like Nicholson's mugging, ham-fisted version, the better. "Batman" ('89) was OK at the time, because the only thing we had to compare it with was the 1960s TV series, but it has aged really, REALLY badly.

You'd think WB/DC/Legendary Pictures would have learned its lesson from "Superman Returns," which was almost completely sunk by repeated and monotonous homages/ripoffs from the Christopher Reeve movies of the 1980s.

The best thing about "Batman Begins" was how LITTLE like the previous Batman films it was.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

WFW.
    This movie is No. 1 on my "must see" list for this year.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It is Nos. 1-10 for me. I loved Batman Begins.

Can't say I remember the 1989 trailer, but even if this is faked, it's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted