1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D'Antoni Gone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't watch any basketball, but I'm pretty sure that it would not be hard to name 10 players better than Amare. Unless you meant top 10 on the team.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitzki, Andrew Bynum ...

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Does defense matter to you?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm with Ruck here. I have a feeling Jackson can treasure his time with the Knicks without taking a job that will make him forever hate the Knicks. And this is the fucked-up NBA for you: in a rational world, after seeing how the team did with Lin, Dolan would've ate the money and made the coach bench Anthony. Instead, dumbass Dolan is killing the Linsanity, the one thing that was making the Knicks something other than a potent combo of hubris and joke.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Chris Bosh is substantially better than Amar'e Stoudemire right now. It's not even close. Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan are better than Stoudemire right now. LaMarcus Aldridge can literally and figuratively run laps around him. Blake Griffin and Kevin Love scoff at the concept of being worse. Zach Randolph thinks he might be better on a partially healed ACL. Elton Brand knows he's better. David West, too. And Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol just told you to kiss the rings, bitch.

Stoudemire isn't even really a post player, particularly now. His athleticism is sapped. He's a horrendous defender. He can't rebound at a standard rate for power forwards. He's a jump shooter prone to very cold nights. He's probably not a top-15 power forward, and he might not be the fourth-best Knick.

MisterCreosote, you're one of the best. But this post. This post. This post was just. Just terrible.

For what it's worth, try to find an NBA writer who would rank Carmelo Anthony among the 10 best players in the NBA. You can't do it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Following up the 'legacy' argument.

If Jackson were to take the job, come to New York and win another championship after 40 years of Knicks futility, he would have to be considered the greatest coach in the history of the professional game.

Or is he that already?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That wasn't my question.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Stoudemire's problem is his knees are fucked and they're probably never going to get better. D'Antoni ruined him last year by overplaying him.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what ruined him. He simply has a fraction of his old burst

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Stoudemire has said that he is 15 lbs over his weight from last year and that he feels a step slow. Makes sense.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01/gamelog/2011/

He averaged more than 25 points per game last year. And it would have been much higher had he not fallen apart the last month of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted