1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D'Antoni Gone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

No way to find out. His presence would almost certainly mean they'd be able to sign superstars.

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

A cougar dates younger men.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But his point is a damn good one. Jackson doesn't need any thing to secure his legacy. That is pure New York arrogance to suggest otherwise.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Perhaps reading further would help?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

His point shows that he has never listened to a Phil Jackson interview where he discusses his interest in coaching The Knicks. Obviously Webster has listened.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is too funny for words . . . unless Phil gets an ironclad guarantee that ONCE A PAYROLL BUDGET IS SET, Little Dolan gets ZERO say about ANYTHING related to basketball operations.

And don't expect even Phil would get that much rope.

Keep smokin'.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Phil Jackson may love the idea of coaching the New York Knicks, but not the Dolan Knicks.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What I could see Phil Jackson doing is meeting with the Knicks and getting his $$$ figure up. ... and then somehow taking the Miami Heat job.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Auerbach retired from coaching when he was 49. Holzman, 62. Wooden, 65.

Jackson is 66, and his health has been in question. Is he strong enough to work even if he wants to?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't about legacy. That is about Jackson's personal attachment to the franchise.

I never said he wouldn't want to do it. I said he has no need of the Knicks for his legacy. His legacy is secure and to suggest he needs the Knicks for that is, as I said, pure New York arrogance.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So he can't add to his legacy?

Draft saved Draft deleted