1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danny Almonte sighting.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Mar 27, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I checked the first two pages of Anything Goes and Sports and News, and I didn't find it, so I thought it was worth a mention ...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2814073&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if he has one of those Hover-Rounds. He's got to be getting up there ...

3. girl friday

girl friday Member

I will never forget that no-hitter he had at the LLWS -- I was there. The local team was there, but weren't playing that day so I sat in on the game, called the desk as soon as it was over to get some extra space for a sidebar....and then a few days later we find out it was all a sham.

He's still married to a woman older than I am, though.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm not the biggest baseball guy, but wasn't his performance still pretty good for his age?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He's married to sportschick, I think.

(I passed on it at first, but this was just waiting to be hammered over the left-field fence.)

6. girl friday

girl friday Member

He was amazing that day. That ball was going in there so fast, I would have been crying if it were me. Course I have no baseball skills whatsoever, but that's just me.

Just looked up my story on the game -- he had 16 Ks that day.
    He had about 15 appearances that summer and didn't give up a run. I'd say that's good no matter what...

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

As a man who was on the younger end of one of those May-December romances (appropriate since my b-day really is in may and my ex's was the day after christmas), I gotta say it makes me smile every time someone jokes with SC about that.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sheil.wordpress.com/2006/05/19/danny-almonte-is-married/
    (photo included ;))

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Danny Almonte, circa 2007.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bubbler's sig picture today makes me hunger for BBQ.

Six days away from Opening Day refreshments at Long Wong's.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Whose gonna draft that guy? He's got maybe 1-2 years in the NBA till retirement.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What's funny is that he looks just as old as she is. Could it be that Danny Almonte was actually 23 when he pitched in the LLWS?

Draft saved Draft deleted