1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daniel Day Lewis is Lincoln; No, Seriously

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Man ain't trying to get stabbed.

And let's all pour out a little liquor for the demise of Velvet and Richmond's greatest piece of building art:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GOD BLESS YOU.

I would try to tell people there was a painting of Lady Di on a strip club and the looks I would get...I love having proof.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A painting of Lady Di with Barbra Streisand's nose.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

1. You don't get stabbed at Have a Nice Day. You get SHOT. In the FACE.

2. Penny Lane Pub should have responded with a mural of a stripper on a pole

5. Big Circus

It was a delicate search to perform at work, to be sure. God bless Flickr and whoever saw fit to document the mural. Don't know what you've got...till it's gone...

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Didn't DeNiro live, sleep, etc. in cabs in NYC before filming "Taxi Driver?"

I've got no problem with Day-Lewis' method of acting and I don't understand how it can bother anyone. It doesn't affect you directly, and if that's what makes him turn in a great role then why should anyone be mad at him? It's not like he went around beating up and stabbing people during "Gangs of New York."

7. DeNiro also packed on the pounds to play old Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull.
    DeNiro, Christian Bale and DDL are of the same mindset and damn fine actors. Though I think DeNiro has gone the way of Pacino.
    Bale nearly starved himself for his role in The Machinist.

DDL was outstanding in Last of the Mohicans.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I read Bale's diet was cigarettes and an apple a day for The Machinist. He was, quite frankly, disgusting for that role. He got super skinny for The Fighter, too. And to think he's all bulked up now for Batman and was solid in Terminator: Salvation.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Best portrayal of Lincoln was by Whitest Kids U Know:

There are pictures out on the web, btw, of Bill Murray playing FDR in a film currently being shot.

10. Big Circus

GREAT pull. "Now you fucked up! Now you fucked up!"

Here's my favorite Whitest Kids sketch ever:

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This made me laugh so loudly, I scared myself.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Did DeNiro hang out in a forest and fight with moose and squirrel to prepare himself for "Rocky and Bullwinkle"?

There's just a silliness and pretentiousness to it that's off-putting to me, and to others. I don't hate Daniel Day-Lewis, but I think he's a silly little man.

Draft saved Draft deleted