1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danica Patrick/Milka Duno - not BFF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If Pastor hadn't said the energy crisis could be soothed by the demise of NASCAR, saying that race drivers aren't athletes would have been the most ignorant post of the week.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Milka Duno isn't fit to drive a Yugo on the Jersey Turnpike.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Danica said what most IndyCar observers have been saying for a couple of years ... Milka Duno sucks in a racecar. She's slow (usually several mph off the pace), often in the way and gets even more squirrelly in traffic, which makes her even more of a hazard.

But having the exchange caught on video, plus Danica's history of tantrums/wars of words with other drivers, makes it look like "Danica is at it again." For Danica, she was pretty calm and said her peace ... Danica is actually contending for something. Milka is in the way.

I'm sure the IRL would love to park Duno, but Dreyer & Reinbold can't afford to lose the $$$ that Hugo Chavez is giving them to put her in the car (Chavez's PDVSA arm is also funding E.J. Viso, another oft-criticized driver who at least manages to make the car go fast ... his danger is that he hasn't tasted enough concrete to know where his limits are yet). Last year, she took a very timely vacation to film "Speed Racer," right about the time Brian Barnhart put her on probation.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The "what the hell" line made me laugh too.

Having seen Milka Duno's driving ability up close a few weeks ago, she has no business being in a car.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oh, I think Viso has a pretty good idea of what concrete tastes like.

Stick with it -- it's the second wreck in the video, about 18 seconds in.

(Which doesn't negate your point - he's obviously still learning how to race an oval.)

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Viso has talent, but he is a bit wild.

Duno is bad, though she's not Marty Roth-bad. Which is kind of like saying she's the taller midget.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

And as scary as it sounds, she's been about twice as good this year as she was last year (not that she is relatively good at all this year).

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The difference between Duno and Roth is that Duno manages to keep the car on the track during the 40 or 50 laps she's out there before Brian Barnhart quietly parks her for "handling issues."

By then, Roth has usually hit the speed-dial to the Dallara parts department.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Whether she's in the right or not, Danica strikes me as a pissy little bitch.

Kinda like Tony Stewart.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

And since a guy can't punch her in the face, maybe a woman will one of these days.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

C-C-C-Catfight!

[​IMG]

For once, Danica does seem to be in the right. And I doubt Milka's crew would have done that to a man. But no, Danica should not be going in another's pit.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Except Tony Stewart can drive

Draft saved Draft deleted